Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Data!

The McElroy lab is growing! In the past two weeks, two new research assistants have started working here: Huiyu, who has many years of lab experience, and Mitch, who is a recent college graduate. With double the number of hands, our projects are quickly getting underway. Huiyu’s experience is a great resource for Matt, Mitch, and I; she is teaching us a lot!

Earlier this week I finished the first two sets of slides for villus measurements. We ran some statistics on the numbers, and for mice both 21- and 28-days-old there was a significant difference between the villus lengths of treated vs untreated mice. This is good news; thus far, our hypothesis is holding water. Even more exciting, I won the race to produce the first piece of data from our lab on the three projects we started this summer! Victory! I have four more villi slide sets to finish measuring and my ongoing RT-PCR work looking at changes in the intestinal stem cells, so I am keeping busy.

Happy Solstice, everyone!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment